The International Program at TIS uses a set of curricula and materials which are widely used in many countries around the world, from prestigious publishers with the hope of providing a superior curriculum for students. With the up-to-date curriculum, modern and personalized teaching methods at TIS, students are given the opportunities to maximize their own capacity as well as thrive on a solid English foundation.
The High School International Program at TIS includes:
- The International Standard IELTS Program: Students are placed in the appropriate class corresponding to their levels. At TIS, there are 4 levels aligned with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), including A1, A2, B1, B2. As a result, the teacher clearly knows the learning pathway of each student and which level of the IELTS he/she is at.
- The U.S Natural Science program: Natural Science subjects-Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology-are taught in English throughout the levels.
These programs are tailor-made to suit students’ objectives and facilitate personalization in learning. Students participating in these programs are carefully assessed so that proper adjustments can be made to each individual. It’s all about helping students develop their skills, whether it’s English language skills or study skills to further their journey overseas.
In the International program at TIS, after every 3 units, there will be a test to assess students’ acquisition ability in order to provide timely assistance to students.
In addition, each TIS student will be given a personal account to log in and learn English vocabulary from the network . In each lesson, students will be graded and ranked according to the rate of in-class participation.
Particularly, TIS places huge emphasis on applying Information Technology in teaching and learning to help students learn actively and quickly.
TIS students are supported by a holistic system of teachers, textbooks, TIS website, online vocabulary resources … More importantly, the classes are backed up by technology to enable students to maximize their potentials. Teachers use Google Apps in teaching to easily collaborate with students, boost creativity, and collaboration; and facilitate effective communication between teacher and student as well as between student and student
Vietnam Ministry of Education Program:
The International School (TIS) strictly follows the curriculum of the Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam. TIS with 99.25% of students passing the state secondary graduation exam. TIS is proud of accredited its teaching qualify. TIS Teaching staff try their best to facilitate the MOET program to bring the best learning results possible. In addition, various career-oriented activities are held to help the seniors before overseas study or registration for university/College study of national or international schools.Subjects from grade 10 to 12 are employed as required by the Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam’s curriculum.
– Focus on intellectual development, physical development, quality formation, citizen responsibility, discover and foster talents and career orientations for students.
– Improve the quality of education, focus on the education of ideals, traditions, morals, lifestyles, foreign languages, information technology, and practical skills. Develop creativity, self-study habits. Encourage lifelong learning.
– Consolidate and develop the gains from junior secondary schools so that students can complete the general education, develop technologial competencies and ahve a clear outlook of their career. Provide students with opportunitites to optimize their capabilities no matter if they choose to study in the country or further their study in a foreign country.